Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Is Green Tea Good for your Hands?

With the busyness of my new book, The World in Your Teacup launching, I didn't have time to go through the products I discovered while in Boston at World Tea East and the Natural Products Expo East Show in September.  I am a consumer of many natural products out of a "want to" and "necessity" due to allergies!  I am now going through my information and wanted to share with you a few of my favorites from the show.  I am always on the lookout for new natural products and I love when they have tea in them.  I will be blogging periodically as I try the products! Here is my first review!  (A quick disclaimer:  I have not been paid by this company  for a review.  I just love to share interesting products with people-especially products with tea in them)

I have been using a product I keep in my glovebox in my car for a while and I really like it.  It is called Natural Hand Refresher from a company called Green Tea Goods.  I am a bit of a germaphobe and like to keep my hands clean.  If I can't wash them, I like to use a hand sanitizer, but they tend to dry out my hands, which is a big problem in the winter with my hands already so dry.  This Natural Hand Refresher doesn't dry out my hands and has a nice clean fragrance!  The glove box is a perfect place to keep it for the quick clean up on the road.  Here is what the company says about it:

"Naturally cleanse and refresh your hands with our hand-crafted blend of natural Chinese herbs that cleanse, heal, soothe and moisturize your skin. Our Natural Hand Refresher is hand-crated with purified spring water, green tea, licorice root, Green Tea Goods Special Herbal Blend and only 12% alcohol."

Although I am not a scientist, I do know that studies have found natural antibacterial properties in tea and it is great for oral health.  In talking with the sales rep at the show, the company has done studies on their product and states that is does clean your hands and keeps a low alcohol content as to not dry them out.  You might want to try it and see for yourselves! 

Until next time, Happy Sipping!



No comments:

Post a Comment